When famed TV horror hostess Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) quits her job after being sexually harassed by the station’s new owner, she forms a plan to start her own show in the heart of Las Vegas. Upon learning that her great aunt Morgana has passed away, Elvira travels to the town of Falwell to claim her inheritance, only to soon find herself stranded in town when her Macabre Mobile’s engine blows up. Once the stuffy locals get an eyeful of the scream queen’s ample assets, all hell busts loose! Will she become Las Vegas’ next big dance sensation or will she get burned alive at the stake?
The 3-disc mediabook packaging is available with a choice of three variant front-cover designs: the original theatrical artwork, the promotional press-kit artwork, and an all-new commissioned retro-inspired piece by German horror director Andreas Marschall. Special metal foil printing on all three artworks is also present and each numbered set is certified by a holographic sticker. Each variant is limited to just 1,000 units.
The bilingual 60-page bound-in fully illustrated booklet features English texts by Sam Irvin and Patterson Lundquist, along with never-before-seen production stills and dazzling international artwork. This material will only be featured as part of the exclusive edition.
ABOUT THE RESTORATION:
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark was scanned from the original interpositive print at Deluxe in Burbank CA, using the Lasergraphics Director 4K film scanner.
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION CONTENTS:
• All-Region High-Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD (PAL-only) presentations
• Original English stereo & 5.1 option audio and original German audio (DTS-HD MA Blu-ray only)
• Optional English and German subtitles
• 60-page illustrated booklet (30 pages English text / 30 pages German translation)
• Three front-cover variant artworks, each version limited to 1000 copies
BLU-RAY ONLY SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Exclusive introduction to the main-feature by director James Signorelli
• 2012 Audio Commentary directed by Sam Irvin with stars Cassandra Peterson, Edie McClurg and John Paragon;
• All-new exclusive 2016 Audio Commentary with director James Signorelli, produced and hosted by Fangoria Editor Emeritus Tony Timpone*
• All-new exclusive 2016 Audio Commentary with elviramistressofthedark.com webmaster Patterson Lundquist
• Too Macabre – The Making of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark: A brand-new feature-length documentary (100 mins) with Cassandra Peterson and actors W. Morgan Sheppard, Daniel Greene, Susan Kellermann, Kurt Fuller, Ira Heiden, Kris Kamm, stand-in Susan McNabb, and writer/actor John Paragon. On the production side, the doc highlights director James Signorelli, producer Eric Gardner, writer Sam Egan, public relations specialist Tony Angellotti, FX team members Steve LaPorte, Mark Bryan Wilson, and Yancy Calzada, as well as visual effects illustrator Larry Nikolai. Together, the 17 craftspeople interviewed share their memories on the making of the movie, as well as providing hilarious anecdotes.*
• Recipe for Terror – The Creation of the Pot Monster: Featurette starring the film’s special effects team, who discuss the development of the film’s memorable monster, from its early draft stage to its remarkable final design.*
• 2012 archive interview with Cassandra Peterson
• 3 never-before released behind-the-scenes clips from 1987:
• Mark Pierson on the Macabre Mobile
• Set-Tour with producer Eric Gardner
• Eric Gardner on preproduction of Elvira, MOTD
• Bally Pinball Video Tours: Elvira and the Party Monsters and Scared Stiff
• Exclusive HD remastered versions of the original theatrical Trailer & Teaser, as well as HD reconstructed US Trailer 2, Teaser 2, US TV Spot, German & French Trailer
• 7 never-before-seen original storyboard sequences
• Original US Press-Kit
• Original Script
• International Promotional Materials and Stills Gallery
(*Produced by Scotia Film Distribution Germany and Fangoria Editor Emeritus Tony Timpone)
Limited to: 3 x 1000 copies (3,000 copies total)
Region: All Region (DVD is PAL-ONLY)
Rating: PG-13 USA / 12+ Germany
Cat No: CSF001, CSF002, CSF003
Duration: 97 mins.
Language: English, German
Subtitles: English, German
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: Stereo 2.0/ Surround 5.1/ Mono 2.0
Discs: 3 (DVD + 2x Blu-ray)
Release is scheduled for 04/14/2017!
Pre-order will be exclusively available through www.movie2shop.com