Universal’s Newest Monster Movie Debuts Exclusively on
Blu–ray™ Combo Pack Including DVD, Digital Copy & UltraViolet™
on October 9, 2012
Universal City, California, July 25, 2012 – A terrifying creature stalks the residents of a small town as a band of skilled hunters tries desperately to stop the killing in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us,an all-new, action-packed thriller debuting exclusively on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download on October 9, 2012.Blu-ray’s high-definition picture and perfect hi-def 5.1 surround sound provide the ultimate showcase to experience the film’s heart-pumping suspense and chilling terror. Werewolf: The Beast Among Us comes to Blu-ray™ and DVD loaded with bonus features including behind-the-scenes footage, exclusive documentaries and filmmaker commentaries.
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-rayTM, DVD and a Digital Copy of the film compatible with iPhone®, iTunes®, iPad®, iPod®, iPod® touch, Android™ and online retailer partners as well as UltraViolet™. UltraViolet™ is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to instantly stream and download to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
As it celebrates its 100th Anniversary, Universal Studios begins a new chapter in its storied history as a horror innovator with an exhilarating reinvention of the enduring mythology of the werewolf. Louis Morneau (Joy Ride II, Hitcher II: I’ve Been Waiting) directs an impressive cast including Academy Award® nominee Stephen Rea (V for Vendetta, The Crying Game, Underworld: Awakening), two-time Golden Globe® nominee Steven Bauer (Scarface, Primal Fear, “Breaking Bad”), Ed Quinn (“True Blood,” “Eureka”), Nia Peeples (“Pretty Little Liars,” “Walker Texas, Ranger”), Guy Wilson (Almost Kings, Little Black Book),Adam Croasdell (“Supernatural,” “East Enders”) and Rachel DiPillo (“Law & Order,” “The Gates”). A production of Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Werewolf: The Beast Among Us is produced by Mike Elliott (The Devils Rejects,Smokin’ Aces 2) and written by Michael Tabb and Louis Morneau & Catherine Cyran.
Bonus Features on Blu-rayTM and DVD
- Unrated Version of the Movie
- Deleted Scenes
- “Making the Monster” – From the internationally recognized castto the Eastern European locations of Romania and Transylvania, this featurette will take viewers into the heart of Werewolf: The Beast Among Us and reveal what goes into making a monster movie.
- “Transformation: Man To Beast” – Revealing behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with director Louis Morneau, producer Mike Elliott, production designer David Hirschfield and makeup SFX designer Paul Hyatt show viewers how the monster in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us was brought to life using a mix of computer-generated graphics and practical makeup.
- “Monster Legacy” – Starting with the 1941 classic, The Wolf Man, werewolves have played an important part in horror films and monster movies for the last 70 years. Director Louis Morneau and producer Mike Elliott look back at some of the most influential monster films in cinema history and discuss how working for Roger Corman gave them the perfect foundation to make Werewolf: The Beast Among Us.
- Feature Commentary with Director Louis Morneau and Producer Mike Elliott
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-rayTM
- UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronics and portable devices including computers, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™ touch, Android™ and more!
- pocket BLU™ App: The popular free pocket BLU™ app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad®, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!