The Seduction (1982) (Blu-ray Review)
DIRECTED BY: David Schmoeller
STARRING: Morgan Fairchild, Andrew Stevens
RATED: R/Region A/2:35/1080P/NUMBER OF DISCS 1
AVAILABLE FROM Scream Factory
L.A. anchorwoman Jamie Douglas (the stunning Morgan Fairchild in her big screen debut) has it all: a glamorous career on a top-rated news show, a luxurious house in the hills, and a devoted young admirer named Derek (Andrew Stevens). But when Jamie rebuffs his romantic advances, Derek becomes an obsessed stalker who plays out an increasingly psychotic courtship with the frightened newswoman. Soon he is threatening every part of her life, secretly watching even her most intimate moments. Her tough-talking lover (Michael Sarrazin) can’t console her. A by-the-book cop (Vince Edwards) can’t protect her. But Jamie is far from helpless … and ready to fight back with all the weapons at her command. When the smoke clears … who will survive The Seduction?
I admit that I had no idea what The Seduction was when it arrived from Scream Factory. On the service, it might come across as a movie more fit for a Shout Select titles, but as I watched it all started to make a lot of sense as to why this one is joining the ranks of Scream Factory. This is a thriller that creeps up on you starring Morgan Fairchild as the extremely hot news anchorwoman who has now got a creepy stalker on her hands. At first, the guy seems harmless enough, but as things roll along we soon see just how dangerous this guy is. This is one that really lets things build to a big finish and I give all the props in the world of giving us a finish that was pretty cool. Especially for taking the route less traveled with a leading lady that is willing to fight back when pushed. Fairchild’s character lets everything boil until she fights back and when that happens its the movie’s highlight. And what probably makes this one stand out a bit more than most.
Shout seems to have gotten a few movies from Studio Canal as of late for Scream Factory releases and all including The Seduction have been movies very much worthy of you seeking out and giving a watch to. This movie is a creepy little thriller with a few slight erotic tones tossed in for good measure, but not enough of that sort of thing for bad taste. If you like a good stalker story I think you will see a lot of cool moments here in this movie. It also comes packed with some cool stuff in the extras. One of which is a new interview with Fairchild that isn’t just informative, but shows that she’s every bit the knockout today as she was then. This might not be one you’ve heard of before, but I think it’s as solid as they come and tells a good story above all else.
– NEW “Beauty And Strength” – An Interview With Actress Morgan Fairchild
– NEW “The Seducer” – An Interview With Actor Andrew Stevens
– NEW “Flashbacks” – An Interview With Producer Bruce Cohn Curtis
– Audio Commentary With Producer Irwin Yablans, Bruce Cohn Curtis, And Writer/Director David Schmoeller
– “Remembering The Seduction” Featurette Featuring Interviews With Bruce Cohn Curtis, Irwin Yablans, David Schmoeller, Actress Colleen Camp, Actor Kevin Brophy, And Associate Producer Tom Curtis
– “Remembering The Locations And Production” Featurette With Bruce Cohn Curtis And Location Manager Charles Newirth
– “Remembering The Seduction And The Law” Featurette
– Original Theatrical Trailer & TV Spot
– Still Gallery
Quality of Transfer: 89%