1 DVD disc
Label: Severin Films
Preorder: 7/30/19 Revised Street: 9/24/19
Catalog #: SEV93145
Color, 98 minutes in English and Italian, with English subtitles
Dolby Digital 5.1
Production year: 1997
Director: Sergio Stivaletti
Cast: Robert Hossein, Romina Mondello, Riccardo Serventi LonghiIn the mid-‘90s, Dario Argento approached a physically and professionally ailing Lucio Fulci to direct one final production, an over-the-top shocker about grisly murders at a Paris wax museum. But when Fulci passed away only weeks before filming began, Argento turned to Sergio Stivaletti – the FX genius on PHENOMENA, OPERA, DEMONS, and CEMETARY MAN – to make his feature directing debut. Original Grand Guignol director/performer Robert Hossein (RIFFIFI) and Aldo Massasso (CONTRABAND) star in what DVD Drive-In hails as “Old-timey luridness married to state-of-the-art gore.” From a screenplay co-written by Fulci with cinematography by Sergio Salvati (ZOMBIE, THE BEYOND), and now featuring a 4k scan from the original negative supervised by Stivaletti. Packed with Special Features that include rare behind-the-scenes footage, all-new interviews and more!
- Audio Commentary with Director / Special Effects Artist Sergio Stivaletti and Michelangelo Stivaletti
- BEYOND FULCI – Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti, Producer Giuseppe Columbo, Production Designer Massimo Geleng, Actress Gabriella Giorgelli, and Filmmaker Claudio Fragasso.
- THE CHAMBER OF HORRORS – Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti, Producer Giuseppe Columbo, Production Designer Massimo Geleng and Actress Gabriella Giorgell.
- LIVING DOLLS – Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti, Producer Giuseppe Columbo and Actress Gabriella Giorgelli.
- THE MYSTERIES OF THE WAX MUSEUM – Interview with SFX Artist Sergio Stivaletti.
- THE WAXWORKS SYMPHONY – Interview with Soundtrack Composer Maurizio Abeni.
- THE GRAND OPENING – Interviews with Producer Dario Argento, Director Sergio Stivaletti and Producer Giuseppe Columbo.
- WAX UNMASKED – Interview with Film Writer Alan Jones.
- Vintage featurettes: Behind the Scenes, Special Effects, On Set with Dario Argento.